Monday, February 19, 2018

2/19 - Still Excited

2 days until takeoff

I've created a list of all the things that I still need to do before I leave, organized by when I need to do them. The hardest part about readying for a trip I think really is managing the pre-packing of the things you need to use before you leave on your trip. You know, like, I definitely need to pack my laptop and my chargers and (some of) my D&D stuff but I'm still using those things so I'll need to pack those things the day I leave for the airport; which in my opinion is the most stressful time to be packing.

But I've packed some things and will just have to manage.  I think I'm organized enough to survive at this point and that's about what I need. Luckily, there isn't too much to worry about forgetting because my mom has been doing all of that for me (love you mom!). So I've got everything all written down now and should be good to go. 

I've been trying to be practical this last week to stop myself from being excited. Not that being excited is bad (and believe me, I'm pretty excited), I just have been in a perpetual state of excitement about this since last fall when I decided to rework my academic plan and apply for Study Abroad. So I've been stuck in a sort of excitation limbo where I've been excited for something for so long it's very tiring to think about being excited. None the less, as it draws closer, I'm excited. And tired. Tiredly excited.

On today's list: Last minute shopping, confirming my airport ride, printing my flight itinerary and VISA stuff, getting measured for a tux, making a blog, and responding to a bunch of emails (including one about signing up for surf camp!)

No comments:

Post a Comment